How do you get my bank statements each month?
We ask you to safely connect your accounts to LedgerSync.com, a free, secure 3rd party software, so that we are automatically provided with your bank statements now and every month after.
You simply connect your accounts once and you are done, you never have to send us anything after that! Its one of the ways we try to make less work for our clients.
Again, it’s very safe. Nobody can see your passwords. To read about their security measures, click here.
If you have not already set up a LedgerSync account with us, please email our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting an invitation from LedgerSync. Once you receive the email from email@example.com, follow the below instructions.
Here's the process for getting your accounts set up with LedgerSync:
- Open the email you will have received from firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject An account was created for you on LedgerSync.
- If you don’t see it, please check your Spam folder.
- In the email, click the link that says Click here to log into LedgerSync.
- Once you are at the website, it will prompt you to create a new password. Type in a new password that you want to use to set up your free LedgerSync account. It must contain at least 4 letters, 4 numbers and a symbol.
- Click the link that says click here. That will take you to the homepage.
- Click Add Account.
- Search for the bank that you use for your business. Make sure the web address that is displayed is the same one you go to when you log into your bank. Select the bank, and click next.
- It’s going to ask you to give the account a name. You can use any name you want, such as the name of your business. Then hit next.
- Enter the username & password that you use to login to that bank online.
- If you are asked a security question, provide the answer. If you get it wrong, click the refresh icon (two circular arrows) to try again.
- If you see an error (You’ll see a red error message underneath the bank info to the left):
- Click on the bank name, or the red icon that looks like an “i”.
- Click on the Two Circular Arrows icon to refresh the data.
- If that doesn’t work, click on the Pencil icon and edit the credentials. Then refresh again.
- If that still doesn’t work, please contact our Support team.
- The bank will be updating. In the meantime, if you have another bank to add, click Go to account summary. Then click the Plus symbol at the top to add bank account. (We suggest giving it the same nickname as the other accounts you’ve added.)
- Continue adding all of your business bank accounts until they all display “Last update” followed by today’s date. (Checking, Savings, Credit Cards, Lines of Credit, AND Paypal if applicable).
- (Optional) If you prefer, once you’ve added all your banks, you can remove any personal accounts.
- Click on the Bank account on the left.
- Then click the eyeball icon on the top to change which accounts we have access to.
- Remove the check marks on the right hand side for any accounts you do not want us to include.
Please note that once your accounts are added to LedgerSync, regardless of whether or not there are any errors, we may need to reach out to you a few times regarding finalizing the bank connections, since different banks have lots of different security measures, and there is no way around this.