Making changes to the Transaction Detail sheet
<This article refers to using your Transaction Detail sheet which is linked in your Dashboard.>
In most cases you will just be changing the “Account” column. (Please note that the Account listed may be a sub account, of which the parent account is not displayed in this sheet. If you are unsure, or want more detail, you can refer to your P&L Summary report for a list of your parent and sub accounts.)
To make a change:
- Select the cell whose information you want to change.
- Type whatever you want.
- Click “Enter” to save the change.
If you make any changes to the spreadsheet, we will automatically be notified. You can then simply close out of the document.
Your reports are not instantaneously updated as you make edits. We will apply your edits the next time we update your bookkeeping. Then, the newest reports you receive will reflect the edits.
A couple quick notes about edits:
- Future transactions to the same Name should now be coded with the account that you indicated in your edit.
- Please don’t replace any of the data in this sheet with a question mark (?). If you are unsure of a change to be made, please leave the data as is until you’ve figured out what you want to change it to.
- Other changes not listed above (such as highlighting of rows) will not prompt any action from us. If you are unsure about anything, contact our Support and we can walk you through any questions you have.
- To undo any change you make, click the little arrow that points backwards, which is located under the word “Edit”.